With more men shaving, as beards decline & men seek healthy skin, a key focus for the New Year & 2020 will be on shaving. The foundation to a great visual frontline is a great shave & the start of 2020 is a good time to take a modern look at shaving. The optimum is achieved by using the best software with the best hardware. What’s the point in using an expensive, quality blade with a cheap & significantly aerated shaving product eg shaving soap, aerosol gel or foam?
57% of men are open to receiving more grooming education based on research we undertook amongst 2040 men conducted by Atomik Research. Of these, 88% thought shaving education would be the most valuable.
Some key points with regard to shaving are:
- Only what is in contact with skin & blade matters, all else is wasted! Shaving soaps, aerosol gels & foams tend to have too much aeration. There is little point having a beard of foam / aerated bubbles that makes you look like Father Christmas.
Aeration is not helpful as per the diagram & why men-ü shave crème works so well. A good shave requires the best, modern, active ingredients between skin & blade. Good shaving software can make the hardware last longer, as well as providing a smoother ride for the blade with less irritation & nicks.
- A good shave is not just about creating a smooth surface but we believe as important, healthy skin. Shaving provides exfoliation a woman can only dream of & by deep cleansing after with men-u healthy facial wash, provides freshly exfoliated, clean skin that is probably the best preventative against spots & breakouts. The latter often caused by dead surface skin cells & hair blocking pores. Men’s faces are totally different to women’s with facial hair & generally more active, sebaceous glands ie greasier skin. Good news for older men being less wrinkles but for male teen’s – more breakouts. It is often found that when teenage boys start to shave their skin improves based on the aforementioned.
- Knowing the direction in which one’s facial hair grows is also important for a good shave & why we provide free facial hair mapping at our salon academy in Southampton. This enables one to shave with the growth pattern, causing less irritation & nicks. No one shaving should be unaware of their hair growth pattern as this makes shaving an uphill struggle & accounts for why so many men think they have sensitive skin.
- Researching the best hardware to use for shaving should not be difficult albeit the optimum blade may come at a premium. The latter being why using the best software is so important. If you are really interested, find the company that spends the most on hardware research & has the most patents & start from there. Most definitely do not go thinking that if one has the right hardware one only needs the cheapest software. This would be like filling up a Formula One car at your nearest garage.
- men-ü ultra concentrate Shave Crème with refills available, provides up to 165 shaves from a 100ml bottle costing from £10.95 & uses up to 90% less packaging by weight.